Your stopover at La Seyne sur Mer
The West Var Tourist Office, La Seyne Town Council and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry have made every effort to facilitate your stopover at La Seyne, and allow you to discover this region.
La Seyne sur Mer, a charming town with a rich maritime history, overlooks the bay and the city of Toulon on one side, and the Mediterranean sea on the other.
The Corniche de Tamaris trail gives you a panoramic view over the bay of Toulon, including the navy base and naval warships. Tamaris is a small holiday resort established in the 19th century as a result of Michel Pacha's crazy dreams... with exuberant, attractive and exotic architecture.
The beautiful Sablettes isthmus, which encloses the bay of Toulon forming the Saint-Mandrier peninsula, naturally makes this an attractive location. The highlights of this holiday resort dating from the late 19th century include the Grand Hôtel and a casino on the edge of a long sandy beach with a lovely forest park.
The town centre, with its typical Provençal market, beautiful church and the Pont Levant, is 20 minutes' walk from the cruise ships. Passengers and crew can get to Toulon town centre by sea (either through a private service provided by the cruise companies, or by public maritime transport).
Var Provence Cruise Club
- Var Provence Cruise Club is an umbrella organisation which brought together 10 cruise ship stopover ports in 2008, subsequently expanded to 12: (from west to east: Saint-Cyr sur Mer, Sanary-sur-Mer, Bandol, Les Embiez, Toulon/La Seyne, Hyères, Porquerolles, Le Lavandou, Cavalaire, Saint-Tropez, Fréjus and Saint-Raphaël).
Created on the initiative of the Var Council and the Chamber of Commerce, and co-funded by them, the Var Provence Cruise Club is led by teams from the Var Chamber of Commerce with annual action plans. The main goal of these action plans is to increase the market share of the Var region in the Mediterranean cruise market, by planning for stopovers and hosting large numbers of visitors (stopovers and trips), so that the whole region (coastal and inland) can benefit from the knock-on effect of this activity, both in terms of expenditure and in terms of renown.
- Its field of activity: the club organises the provision of nautical and tourist facilities in Var, to make them more attractive and more suitable for the cruise market. The goal of developing the cruise trade in the Var region will be achieved through promotion and marketing, aimed both at the cruise market and at local stakeholders, who will be mobilised and brought together through local awareness raising campaigns and other activities. One example of this is the Cruise Friendly initiative.
Several partners in La Seyne sur Mer have signed the Cruise Friendly charter to offer high-quality facilities, with specific commitments:
- adapting their opening hours to stopover timetables
- offering a warm and friendly welcome
- offering reductions or welcome gifts
- having a basic knowledge of English
- asking their staff to commit to the charter
Going on a cruise from La Seyne sur Mer?
Here is useful information to facilitate your boarding from the pier La Seyne sur Mer.
Arriving by car?
If you take the A50 take exit 13 La Seyne West / Six Fours / Ollioules or exit 14 Chateauvallon or exit 15B La Seyne center / Brégaillon then towards the city center, port La Seyne.
Parking the vehicle at the Seyne sur Mer and routing on foot or by taxi to the cruise terminal:
- Parking cruises CNIM The Mouissèques, up Mouissèques. 125 seats, located 5 minutes walk from the terminal. This car park is reserved only for heads stopovers lines (starting boat La Seyne Costa), it is closed during the time of the cruise. Passengers can pick up their car after their cruise.
- Park your vehicle at Martini parking in downtown La Seyne sur Mer (follow the signs P. Martini). Opening hours: Monday to Saturday (8 am - 7 pm), Sunday and public holidays (9 am - 2 pm). Pre-booking required telephone 04 94 87 07 23. Parking home agent will provide you (on request) a discount on ticket. Cruise package: 6-7 days (€40) / 11-12 days (€60). Then routing walk (30min) or taxi to the cruise terminal. Join the taxi station (roundabout Quai Saturnin Fabre, about 200 m from the Martini parking). The negotiated rate is about €10 to take you to the pier. Taxi: 04 94 10 10 20
Arriving by plane? Toulon Hyères airport
Two options are available:
- Bus line 102 with the Mistral Network to the bus station of Toulon. From the station go down the port and then take the boat line 8M management La Seyne sur Mer (crossing time: 15 min). Get off Marine Area. Since that bus stop the pier is 10 min walk.
- Several taxis offer their service from the airport, the day rate is about €60 to the pier depending on traffic.
You arrive the day before your cruise and you do not know where to sleep?
See our WHERE TO STAY
, a varied offer itself to you: hotels, bed and breakfasts ....
Exchange offices in Toulon ...
Change the Port, dock Kronstadt 15 04 94 92 60 40 Monday to Friday 9 am to 6 pm, Saturday 9 am to 5 pm.
Counter foreign exchange, 28 avenue Jean Moulin 04 94 93 51 36. Monday to Saturday 9am to 12.30 and 2 pm to 5.30 pm.
There is no exchange office in La Seyne.