Share :

La chapelle Notre Dame Saint Joseph

In 1845, a chapel was built in the hollow of Saint-Georges, at the far end of the harbor; that same year, it was erected as a parish church. The priory of Saint-Mandrier was already mentioned in 1138.
This chapel was a prebend of the Toulon cathedral chapter.
The church has a nave and two side chapels. It is barrel-vaulted. A bell tower rises from its flat chevet, and the portal has a triangular pediment.

For a long time, this parish belonged to the parish of La Seyne-sur-Mer, but since the middle of the 20th century, it has become an independent parish. There were two canvases depicting "La Sainte Famille et Saint-Jean de La Croix" and "Sainte-Thérèse d'Avila courant vers le martyre". Both paintings came from the Church of St. Pancras in Rome, acquired by French soldiers from Italian revolutionaries in 1848.

Today :
The commune is blessed with two churches. The oldest is the church built in 1845, in the center of the village, and the second, more modern church was built in the heart of the new Pin Rolland district, on the western slope of our beautiful peninsula. Services are held here on weekdays, Saturday evenings and Sundays (see calendar). The parish community shares its activities between these two places of worship.

Translated with (free version)
Période(s) d'ouvertureFrom 01/01 to 31/12, daily.
  • Type of culturel patrimony :
    • Historic site and monument
  • Religious patrimony :
    • Religious heritage
    • Chapel
    • Church
Directions to :
Avenue Marie Fliche-Bergis
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 43.07541
Longitude : 5.927237
Avenue Marie Fliche-Bergis
Phone : +33 4 94 87 31 66
  • Spoken language(s) :
    • French